Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 3


How do you start to create belief in yourself after you’ve let yourself down so many times?

How do you remind yourself that the vision is worth the momentary?

How do you change the way you use food – from a ‘go to’ whenever you’re feeling stressed, bored, tired, upset or anything other than hungry?

I know the nutrient values of food – I  know that it is meant to be a fuel for my body – I know about proteins, carbohydrates and fats – micro and macro nutrients – and what our bodies need.  Yet, I use food for everything BUT nutrition. 

This week I began – slowly. Instead of the high intensity, deprivation way I have approached losing weight in the past – I walked – alternate days and I made better food choices – some of the time.

The ‘old’ (younger) version of me would go gung-ho into exercise and cut out everything that even looked tempting – but decades on – I know that it’s short-lived…. And I can’t run like a 20 year old on a treadmill anymore! If I do – and I did try it – I can’t do anything for the rest of the week.

It is like a re-tweaking the way I do things …. and probably more importantly – a recalibrating the way I think about food and exercise. Rather than seeing them as a means to an end – I am just beginning to see them as integral parts of creating not only a healthier and slimmer me – but also as a way to feel better about myself.

So I’m beginning – what I hope will be the journey that just gets better as it continues.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment