Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Week 1

If I was shown these photos 20 years ago, I'd have reeled over with shock and hit the gym and diet plan until I was back to an acceptable (almost) 60kg. 
But the problem was 20 years ago - I still thought I was overweight even though I was 20kg lighter.
That conversation in my head - that 'I'm fat" actually became reality - because our thoughts actually do become our reality - that's my belief - that's what I've taught others - and that's what I've now proven - in a negative kind of way.
The conversations we have with ourselves are the most important ones that define who we are and who we'll become.

And the problem is, that some of these conversations go round and round on a closed circuit that we end up not even noticing - yet they're reinforced every hour of every day with every thought we have about our body and what we think of it.

So this is the beginning of a new venture - a new way of making choices in the hustle and bustle of everyday life - choices that have a better outcome - one I am happy with - one I feel better about - and one I'll be happy with in 20 years from now.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment